So this is what a 25 years difference does to a cast. They look pretty good, huh?
I was fascinated with Julia Roberts when I was little, people told me I looked like her and I always thought she was pretty, so that was a huge compliment to me 🙂
Funny thing – I read so many funny things about this movie today, that I had to share of them that made me giggle.
2. The original title of the movie was ‘3000$’, as in the money she was supposed to receive after the night spent with the business man.
3. On the poster, Richard Gere’s hair looks dark, but in the movie he’s got grey hair.
4. Julia Roberts’s character, Vivian, was supposed to be a drug addict, modest and ill-educated girl. But in the end, they went the other way.
6. Al Pacino was offered the role of Edward and he turned it down.
7. Julia Roberts was treated like a princess on the set – the director, Gerry Marshall himself, gave her a massage and tickled her for two scenes where Roberts was so tense that a vein popped on her forehead, and the other one when she was supposed to laugh.
9. The necklace on the same scene was custom-made for the movie and worth a quarter million dollars.
11. Richard Gere stated back in 2012 that ‘Pretty Woman’ was his least fav movie… Oh 🙁
12. The movie is the 4th highest romantic comedy in American history, with approx. 180 million $. Only ‘Hitch’, ‘What Women Want’ and ‘My Big Fat Greek Wedding’ top that.
13. Julia Roberts was nominated for Oscar – Best Actress and it was the only Academy Award nomination this movie received.
I’ll leave you with the oh-so-famous soundtrack, where the movie also got its title from – Roy Orbinson-Pretty Woman 🙂